And I'm leaving.......on a jet plane

Well, I'll make this short and sweet since I am sooooooo busy getting ready to leave on saturday. In answer to people's questions: 1) Yes I am taking a year off, I graduated last June. 2) Yes, I had to take a lot of courses that were not required for my major (med school prerequisites and for the MCAT). I ended up with minors in biology and chemistry. 3) An update letter is a good thing to do if you are either waitlisted for an interview or for acceptance. You tell them what you have been doing since they last heard from you, and let them know that you are still very interested in their program, etc.

Anyways, so here is the big news of the week: I got an interview at Dartmouth!
So hell yeah, I'm really excited now. That just practically blows my mind.......
The great thing about it is that they want to interview me the third week of february, and I'll already be in virginia doing Virginia Commonwealth that week. So instead of making two seperate trips I can combine it, and also Virginia will be a great warm-up for Dartmouth. Yay!!!

So I pick my mom up at the airport tomorrow (she's coming from Arizona), and we leave for Rochester on a red-eye Saturday night. Don't laugh at me cause I'm taking my mom please......
I just thought it would be nice to have a little company and also some moral support.

Well, wish me luck people. Not that I need it. (sorry, another one of my little jokes)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Hey,

    I think that's great you took a year off. I'm a 2nd-year pre-med and I've just about made up my mind on taking a year off, so I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. Good luck on your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 AM

    I would take my mom too!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:21 PM

    how did the interview go?! heard back from any other universities? good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:21 PM

    how random....i came across this link from an email adele sent. i grad in 04 and attend VCU (class of 08). i just thought it was random that you interviewed at VCU, then dartmouth. that's exactly what i did when i was interviewing in 04. loved dartmouth, minus the freezing temp. loving VCU though! good luck, hope it went well!

    ucsdjennie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete