Why don't I get a spring break?

Hey everyone!

So I got a last minute interview invitation from Drexel, and that makes six out of eighteen, or a respectable 30% return on my secondary investments. I scheduled it for April 12th, but guess what? I won't be going to it, or to New York Med for that matter, because yours truly has gotten an acceptance to medical school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one of the last ten out-of-state spots at Virginia Commonwealth. I also got waitlisted at U of Rochester, which isn't too disheartning. How exciting is this people? I can officially cross the bridge and call myself a med student. How awesome! Of course I'm still hoping for USC or Dartmouth, but that news won't come for a few weeks I suppose.

I really did like Virginia Commonwealth a lot, much more than I ever expected, and that makes me completely comfortable with the idea of going there if that's what happens. I am so happy, nervous, excited, and scared, all at the same time. I am excited about the prospects of this new adventure, at the same time I am crushed to be leaving San Diego in a few months. I actually have started to get teary-eyed when I drive around seeing all the places that I have loved for the last six years. Yet.......I can't be afraid of change and what it will bring to my life. It's med school for gods sake!

But don't be surprised if you see me around campus the next quarter. I plan on taking a couple of classes after work, via UCSD extension (gotta keep the brain from liquidating you know). You may see me standing wistfully in front of Geisel, where I loved my eighth floor studying nook. Or maybe sitting cross-legged, a tear running down my cheek, in the Muir courtyard, where I did all of my serious thinking. Or even standing in front of Peterson Hall, looking a little traumatized, as I reminisce trudging through that damn O-chem sequence. Who knows? But I'll be out there.

Stay tuned for news of USC and Dartmouth. It won't be long now.........

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:10 PM

    CONGRATS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    CONGRATS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Hi!

    Hearing such good news actually made me feel as if I were the one being accepted to VCU! I'm very happy and excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:35 PM

    Wow! Congratulations. You seem like you'll make a great doctor! :)
    Why are you taking classes during spring? for med school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:54 PM

    hi! congrates about vcu

    if this is where you're going, please contact me! i'm thinking about it, same as you.

    muzikbuf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Learn as much as you can before you head off about what life as a student is like. There ae a bunch of great resources out there. My personal favorites are Magnificent Bastard and Ah Yes, Medical School. Look for them in google blog search.

    Cheers and Kudos, t.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Update us on life! :-)

    ReplyDelete