Hey everyone!

Sorry I've gone AWOL on you. But if I have any readers left among you, here's the latest news from the front lines......

I got accepted to USC just a couple weeks ago ( I was soooooo about to kill them for taking so long), and a couple weeks before that I got placed on the alternate list at Dartmouth. So all the news is finally in, and I can stop checking my mail and e-mail obsessively. So what's the next step?

Well, I suppose I have to choose now between USC and VCU, but to tell you the truth my heart has already made its decision. I LOVE VCU! Unfortunately, my all too analytical, scheming mind is having some trouble with that decision. I obviously know that I'll be happy at VCU, but I have to wonder if choosing the much lower ranked school will affect my future in any adverse ways. For example, and probably most importantly, my ability to obtain the residency that I want. I know I don't want to go into family practice, and I'm seriously thinking along the lines of neurosurgery so........... hhhhmmmmmm. I don't know. This really sucks. I'm barely into medical school and I'm already plotting out how and what I'm going to tackle after that. Does it ever freakin end?

I guess I do have a lot of factors to consider, and this will be a very important decision that I must make soon (May 15th?). Plus what if Dartmouth comes through for me sometime during the summer? Could I honestly say no to Dartmouth?

arrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this spinning around in my head has got to stop. I really can't remember the last time I had to make a completely life-altering decision. What a bummer, yet a great blessing all at the same time, to even have any choice at all.

I will try to write more often, not that I will have much news to report, but at least for my own sake. However, if you are interested in the twisted inner-workings of my mind as I struggle to come to an endpoint on this, then stop by anytime.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to hear about your final decision and your reasoning. They sound like great schools! GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete