They're doing it just to spite me, I know it

I'm sitting here, night after night, going back and forth between secondaries and job applications (yes, I have no job anymore, my position was cut due to lack of grant funding). It just occured to me that the two have quite a bit in common. Very very frustrating things in common!

So for those of you that don't know, your primary AMCAS application contains just about everything there is to know about you: all of your experiences, all of your classes, all of your grades etc. Why then, do half the secondary applications I fill out ask me to provide the same information again, over and over and over? For example, list your five most recent leadership experiences, list your five most recent work experiences, list your five most recent medically related experiences, have you taken a year each of biology, physics, o-chem, g-chem, and english? HELLO DUMMIES, ITS RIGHT THERE ON MY PRIMARY THAT YOU'VE HAD ALREADY FOR THREE MONTHS!

Sorry, I had to vent. Really though, why ask me to repeat information that they already have sitting right in front of them? In my opinion, it's just to be mean, just plain mean. They want me to get tired, frustrated, pissed off, and ultimately, to give up. To spare them the piece of paper, ink, and the stamp it takes to reject me six months from now. It really is a lot like these job applications I've been doing lately. They ask you to upload your resume, which would obviously contain your employment history, but then on the next page they ask you to start listing your employment history manually. You know how it is, with all the annoying little boxes to fill out. Ahhhhhh! Why do they do this? And for every application, as with secondaries, you do it over, and over, and over again.

Well guys and girls, I'm frustrated, but they haven't got the best of me yet. I refuse to give up until every last little box on every application has been filled out. I guess that's what seperates the people who eventually succeed and the people who don't. Stick with it, don't give up, and keep your eyes on that tiny little speck of light known as the end of the tunnel............

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Fellow HMP3 board member here!

    Sounds like you're going through some tough times. Hang in there! I too wonder about the secondaries - I think they're just trying to run away with and/or leech more of your money. Unscrupulous but we don't have much of a choice, do we?

    Btw, thanks for taking initiative with the blog (and sorry if I wasn't much help). It's looking good so far - very real and I'm curious where this will all be heading. Also, the old HMP3 site is now defunct, so here's the address of our shiny new one: (stuorg.ucsd.edu/~hmp3).

    ReplyDelete