Newsflash: I am not a patient person

Well, we have no word from UCSD yet. But I am probably jumping the gun, cause its only been four weeks since I turned in my secondary. Hmmmmm. I'm just being extremely impatient (which is not a great characteristic to have during this process, let me tell you). Actually, I'm being a lot more impatient with UCSD because I realized recently that it's really the only school I want to go to. Certainly, it was a shock to me to realize that because only six or so months ago I swore up and down that you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go there. So why the sudden change of heart?

Heart is actually the key word there. My heart is at UCSD. Growing up, I never had a real great family situation, I didn't go to high school for more than a year, and I pursued.....ummmm....the wrong kind of people to be friends with. So I'd have to say that UCSD was my first real home, community, and family. To me, it's the most amazing environment I've ever been in. Some of you would laugh at me for saying that (I hear people whining and bitching all the time because they didn't get into Berkely or UCLA), but really, take a look around and understand how priveleged we all have been to receive our educations right where we are. I know, cause I've been places you wouldn't want to go to in your worst nightmares. Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that home is where the heart is, and for me thats UCSD all the way.

I had someone tell me that taking the MCAT at SDSU is not necessarily a bad experience for everyone. Duh. I know that, I was just exagerating for the sake of exagerating. But perhaps for me, considering my apparent emotional connection to our school, the lack thereof may have had something to do with it. Who knows? But at this point, it definitely doen't matter.

So anyways, I'm going to run away from you now and go to bed, because I actually have a pretty important interview at Pfizer tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Hello!
    I was informed that you served as an EMT. I was wondering how fruitful (personally meaningful/fulfilling as well as preparation-ally) your experience was and where it was that you had received your training.
    Thanks a bunch for your encouragement as a blog-ist, informing us oblivious persons on what the trek to med school is truly like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:42 PM

    Hello,
    I am also waiting to hear back from med. schools, and it's really helpful to hear about your experience. My MCAT score is also a 27 (my GPA is a 3.759). So far, I've only received a number of rejections from out of state schools and no secondaries from any of the California schools (so I am not very optimistic about getting into a U.C.). I am hoping to get in anywhere right now. I've already started studying for that awful test although I am not sure about substantial improvements. Last time I studied for the MCAT for a whole year, and my scores on the diagnostics remained stagnant (I actually got 27 or 26 on the last couple of diags before the test). I did research and community service/volunteer during college, but not enough now that I reflect back on my college career. I am hoping to volunteer at two places this year. I also want to receive emt training and I was wondering where I can receive such training.

    ReplyDelete